Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Hi! If you follow me on Instagram you know that we love kitchen appliances in our home. That includes my beloved Instant Pot. I got mine as a Christmas present in 2017 & have loved it ever since.
Today I am sharing a recipe for chicken cacciatore. This meal is quick, easy, & budget friendly. We served ours over noodles, but would be great over spaghetti squash, zoodles, or even polenta!
4-5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
28oz can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 carrots, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 bay leaf
a little more salt & pepper to season the chicken
- Season chicken with salt & pepper- I don’t measure here
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté once hot add olive oil and chicken. Brown chicken on both sides (you do not need to cook all the way through) then remove and set aside.
- Add carrots, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add garlic. Continue cooking until veggies are somewhat softened (approx 4-5 more minutes).
- Add basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, & nutmeg and give it a big stir.
- Add back the chicken thighs then add crushed tomatoes & chicken stock. Move chicken around just a little- no need for a big stir
- Set the instant pot to high pressure for 25 minutes and let it naturally release
- Serve over pasta, top with freshly grated parmesan, & enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. Don’t forget to follow along on Instagram @thevintagefork .